Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thank you Fantasy Football!

So yes, I am a Chiefs fan! Yes I know how bad the chiefs stink. They have lost 28 of their last 30 games. The Chiefs last win against a non-divisional team was October 14th, 2007... Hold on I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. This past off-season they traded for Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel, I rejoiced and said "yes we are finally rebuilding." Then two weeks later they traded my all time favorite player Tony Gonzalez, I cried for three days.

Luckily last year my friend Matt turned me on to Fantasy Football (Que cheesy heaven music) Well, needless to say because I am so amazing... a.k.a.... LUCKY, I picked some great players and won the league. Before you applaud too loud let's really break it down, I had Adrian Petterson. I also had Aaron Rodgers, Thomas Jones, Tony Gonzalez, so I was pretty stacked. This made the year so much better for me. Instead of trying to root for a team that was guaranteed to lose, I could cheer for Adrian Petterson, and Thomas Jones. It made every game interesting. It opens your eyes to other players around the league. Don't know what I would do without Fantasy Football, probablly pull out all my hair watching the CHIEFS LOSE WEEK AFTER WEEK.... Oh wait I already did that.

This year has been the same as last year. I needed a football distraction from the Chiefs red, that red is them bleeding all over the field. Last week I knew the Chiefs were going to lose... And I was almost ok with it.... Does that make me a bad fan?

1 comment:

  1. No, it's perfectly normal for a fan of a pathetic football team to find solace in the FFL. As a Cowboys fan, I find that it keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete